Communication is the foundation for success. It is how we relate to others and to the world around us. People with communication difficulties may experience loneliness and isolation from friends or family. Communication difficulties can also impact a persons’ ability to achieve success in educational or employment settings. Communication challenges can affect all age groups from infants to the elderly.
Sound Expression Speech & Language Services is a private Speech-Language Pathology practice that strives to provide functional, relevant, and evidence-based support to people with communication difficulties. We offer assessment and treatment for preschool children, school age children, adolescents, and adults of all ages in the following areas of communication:
- Articulation / Speech Sound Development
- Motor Speech Disorders / Apraxia of Speech
- Autism Spectrum Disorder / Social Communication Difficulties
- Language-Based Learning Difficulties
- Language Development (e.g., speaking and understanding)
- Reading, Writing & Early Literacy Skills
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Acquired Brain Injury / Cognitive-Communication Therapy
- Concussion Management
- Aphasia Therapy (e.g., following a stroke)
- Voice Therapy & Resonance Therapy (e.g., cleft lip and palate)
- Transgender Voice Therapy
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Accent Reduction or Modification Therapy
- Swallowing Disorders
- Tongue Thrust
Our Speech-Language Pathologists and Communicative Disorders Assistant will work closely with you, your family, and other professionals to develop programs and supports that are customized to meet your specific and individual communication needs. We are client-centered and ensure that your goals, roles, responsibilities and interests are incorporated into the therapy sessions.
We serve clients living in Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, and the surrounding areas. Services can be provided within our clinic, at your home, school, workplace or other community location.
We will work with integrity and passion to provide high quality and meaningful speech and language services to our clients.